Daily Habits

In Language Arts class my teacher talked to us about daily habits and the compound effect. She referenced the book Atomic Habits by James Clear. I had actually been listening to it on the car ride to school. She said we would do a plank per day for the next couple of months adding 5 seconds every week starting with 30 seconds. At the end of it we would do a plank challenge. 

I found it difficult to remember to do it outside of school or on days when I didn’t have Language Arts. I think next time I try to make a daily habit I will set a reminder on my iPad and my watch to help remember to do it. I also might try habit stacking which is when you do something right after another daily habit, like brushing my teeth.

At first I probably couldn’t have held a plank for three minutes without nearly dying but now I can hold a plank five minutes which was my time for the plank challenge. I probably would have done better if it hadn’t been in the morning. My new daily habit is going to be to attempt to do two pull ups per day.

Be the first to comment on "Daily Habits"