Camp Kirkwood

DAY 1

We left DA to go to Camp Kirkwood on August 30th as Hurricane Idalia was coming towards us. It was drizzling when we arrived. We ate lunch, and then we did activities. On the first day my group, Group 5, did forest ecology, played volleyball, and went to the pool where we could choose to do a swim test if we passed we did not have to use a life jacket. 

After that if I remember correctly we had cabin time to unpack and get settled. when I was done I played a card game called 5 Alive with a few of my friends. We ate dinner, and after about an hour in our cabins we had a choice between playing dodge ball or watching The Lorax. I chose dodge ball. During the game I counted my outs and got 14. After a few games we got snow cones and they had us go inside because it had started storming. A few of my friends counted the laws broken in The Lorax and we got about 150. 

DAY 2

On the second day we had eggs and some other things that I cannot remember. We went to the pool where we wanted to see how many people we could balance and move on a large pool noodle. We did more forest ecology, where we learned about trees and how they grow. Afterwards we did the Kanga jump which is a blob in the ground that you can jump really high on. We played a few games on the Kanga jump like duck duck goose. Then we did the V swing in which you were hooked up to a pulley and everyone pulled you up and on a countdown you pulled a rope and swung down back and forth. When it was my turn I wasn’t pulling it right and when it finally worked I was very surprised. At about 3:00 it finally stopped raining and we could actually see the sky. At dinner we had spaghetti. Afterwards we had the campfire where everyone got s’mores and sang songs. 

Before the campfire

DAY 3

On the third day we had waffles and sausages for breakfast. We had boating which did not live up to my expectations because it required a lot of cooperation which ended up with everyone arguing. After that we did the zip line which was fun, the hardest part was at the top of the tower when you are just about to step off. We met Bubbles, a mini pot-bellied pig who was in a Gaga pit. After that, I played Gaga ball. For lunch we had pizza. Afterwards we had about 30 minutes to pack up and then we left to return to DA. The trip was great although the food was not exactly the level of quality I expected.

1 Comment on "Camp Kirkwood"

1. I liked the hammock photo I am stranding in the back.